Asari no sakamushi (sake steamed clams) – yummy, simple and easy dish.
- 3/4 cup sake
- 5 slices of ginger, cut in thin slices
- 1 tbs green onion, more if you like
- 1lb Manila Clams (you can do more, I found 1lb is good for two)
- Pinch of Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- soak clams in salt water, 1 teaspoon of salt and enough water to cover clams, soak at 1.5 hours.
- put sake and ginger in pot, bring to boil
- add clams, cover the pot and let the clams boil to open
- put salt, freshly ground black pepper
- garnish with green onion