Another late update! Here is one of my favorite Chinese snacks – Pork Jerky. I decided to make this my own, not the easiest to make, but definitely worth the time.
Ingredients (mix all in a bowl):
- 1LB ground pork (I used 80%-90% lean)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- a pinch of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
Mix all above ingredients in a bowl, like it marinate at least 4 hours.
- Use baking pan, cover with aluminum foil, then parchment paper on top.
- Use a little of vegetable oil, lightly brush on the parchment paper.
- Spread the marinated ground pork on the layered baking pan, no requirement on thickness (just your personal preference). I did mine medium thickness.
- I used a spatula, and cling wrap to spread evenly on the baking pan. I left about 1/2″ clearance on the baking pan.
- Preheat oven at 300F and let it bake for 15-20mins.
- In a small bowl, mix a bit of honey and oyster sauce. Set a side.
- After 15-20mins, take out the baking pan … use a brush and brush the honey & oyster mix on the pork jerky (both sides). I cut the pork jerky horiztanal in half, so I can flip easier for brushing.
- After brushing both sides, bake for 10 minutes … this should give the pork jerky the burnt edges. You can bake each side of 5 mins for more even burnt edges. I was lazy, I baked for 10mins, didn’t flip. Pay close attention to the oven during this 10 minutes as pork jerky can be easily over burnt.
- Finally … take out the baking pan, cut into squares and let it cool.