Made some Drunken Chicken 紹興醉雞 last weekend, finally posting it. Very easy and simple to make!
2 Chicken Thighs (de-bone)
1 ts Salt
1 tb Soy Sauce
4 slices Ginger
40 Wolfberries (soak the wolfberries about 20 mins)
2 cups Shaoxing Wine
2 cups of Water
1. Wash and debone chicken thigh. Use salt rub all over the chicken and leave it for about 20 mins.
2. Use aluminum foil, put ginger outside of the chicken and roll chicken thigh into a giant candy!
3. Steam the giant candy for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked. Keep the juices on the plate.
4. In a small pot, put Shaoxing wine, water, wolf berries, a dash of salt, soy sauce, juices from chicken. Cook til boil. Taste it, if not enough salt, add more. (shaoxing wine and water are 1:1 ratio, that’s because we love strong wine taste. You can do a 1:2 ratio – 1 cup wine: 2 cups water). Set aside and let it cool.
5. Put in giant candy into ice water with the foil still on. That’s to cool down the chicken and give it the jelly texture.
6. Once it cool down, unwrap candy and toss ginger slices and put chicken into cooled wine.
7. Leave it in fridge for 2-3 days. Cut and served. Really good!!