A small and busy bbq place in Newark. We were here around 9pm on a weekend, place was crowded. We stood at the door for 7 minutes, finally someone at the counter says put our phone number on the list. Why don’t they put the list near the door?
Anyways, we were walking around at the strip mall to kill time, after about 30-40 mins later finally they called. Do not expect any service here, just come here for the food, you will be fine.
Menu was very simple, bbq stewers and some dishes. We were there for the bbq! Lets just say all the bbq were ok, all skewers were cooked with cumin chili pepper flakes … so after a while, all skewers tasted about the same.
- 2 beef – this is the toughest one to chew on
- 2 lamb – not bad, tender and no gamy taste
- 2 chicken – hot, tender, juicy
- 2 shrimp – good
- 2 beef tendon – good, but a bit fatty to my liking
- 1 squid – hubby says its good
- 1 chinese bun/mantou – really liked! crispy outside, moist inside
- 1 a-choy – good, filled with chili pepper flakes
- 1 chives – good
- 1 yam – a bit too hard, like undercook
- 1 bell pepper – fav!!! juicy and crisp veggi
- 2 mushrooms – not my fav
TLT BBQ 湯司令燒烤
39257 Cedar Blvd
Newark, CA 94560