Dungeness crab season official started in the Bay Area. Dungeness crab is known for its abundant sweet tender crabmeat, and we Asian loves all kind of seafood … so yesterday we went to supermarket and bought 1 crab, 2lbs @ $4.99 per pound! Perfect for 2 of us! Oh, there was a long line at the crab section *_*
Most popular way is 薑蔥炒蟹!
Anyways, we had the guy to cut into 4 pieces for us because I just couldn’t chop it at home! A simple wash and scrub to clean it up, also had to remove the gills too.
- 1 fresh dungeness crab 2 lbs
- 2 tablespoon corn starch (for coating the crab)
- 10 slices of ginger
- 7 gloves of garlic (just smash with knife carefully)
- 6 scallions (separate the white part and green part)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 tablespoon oil
- dash the corn starch over the crab, make sure its evenly coated
- in a large wok, heat up 2 tbsp of oil, when its hot: add in gingers first, let it fry for 30 seconds
- then add in garlic and white parts of the scallion, cook til fragrant
- add in the crab (except for the shell), toss it couple minutes
- add in sugar, chicken powder, and a pinch of salt, and oyster sauce, give it a quick toss, then add in water
- put the crab shell in and lid on, let it simmer for 8 minutes – pay attention not to let water run dry, if you need, you can add a little more water
- the sauce should be thicken due to the corn starch from the crab
- lastly, add in rice wine and green parts of the scallions, give it few more toss
- ready and enjoy!!