Catching up on my home cooking post now … week of 09/01/14
09/01/14 Home made brunch – homemade whole wheat toast, with Canadian bacon and cheese, egg on top! Side of greens!
09/02/14 Dinner – home made braised beef brisket, beef tendon with daikon 蘿蔔柱侯牛筋牛腱, stir fry Chinese napa 炒包心大白菜
09/03/14 Dinner – vermicelli noodle soup with lettuces 生菜湯粉 + home made braised beef brisket, beef tendon with daikon 蘿蔔柱侯牛筋牛腱
09/04/14 Dinner – Hairy gourd soup with pork and salted egg 節瓜咸蛋瘦肉湯, stir fry tofu + mushrooms + tofu 豆腐菇炒瘦肉
09/06/14 Brunch – home made french whole wheat toast + Berkshire sausage links + eggs + oranges
Easy, simple, healthy, fluffy homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes 自製全麥鬆餅
The amount I listed is good for 2 people, about 4 pancakes. You can double the amount to serve more.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk – I used 2% milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice – you may use vinegar, or white wine
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- little more butter for greasing pan or griddle
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl (whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt).
- In a sperate bowl mix milk and lemon juice together first. Then add egg and melted butter. Mix til smooth.
- Slowly at a time, mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix til you get smooth but little lumpy texture. See my picture for reference.
- I used regular cooking pan. Turn stove medium to medium-low heat, add some butter. Then scoop pancake mixture in pan, gently spread into circle. Cook for 1-2 minutes, rule of thumb, you can flip the pancake when you see little bubbles forming.
- Serve these fluffy pancakes with butter and maple syrup!
What to do with lots grapefruit? Here is what I did – Grapefruit Marmalade! End result was excellent! Sweet & Tangy. I spread it on some homemade toast for breakfast. Super yummy breakfast and excellent source of Vitamin C.
Homemade Grapefruit Marmalade Spread on Homemade Toast – super yummy breakfast!
Finally made a batch of oven fresh, hot, soft, ham & cheese bread! It was supper soft and yummy.
Ham & Cheese Loaf – super soft!
Ham & Cheese Bun!
Ok, just for the fun of it … I will be adding some home-made meals post.
I made some naan bread couple days ago, it was soft & chewy. Its best when its freshly made, hot from the pan (yes I made them on a regular pan).
Home Made Naan Bread
I had some left over and microwave it 30sec the next day … still soft and chewy!!!!! Goes best with curry!!!!