Finally another update, last week BF had a sore throat … we were eating porridge for almost a full week.
Here is my home made version of Taiwanese Style 3 Cup Chicken 三杯雞. Actually its very simple and easy to make. I bought chicken leg quarters from Marina Food and asked them to cut for me. They cut into 3 huge pieces!! Way too big, I will make sure to ask them to cut into 5-6 pieces next time. I had to cut the chicken into smaller pieces when I got home. I find that 3 cup chicken is best cooked with bones, it just need to have the bones to meet that authentic Taiwanese style.
- 4 leg quarters
- 6 slices ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 hand full of Thai Basil
- A little sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, put garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook until browned all sides.
- Add rice wine, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium, cook for 15 minutes uncovered or until you see the liquid is start condensing.
- Last thing is to add the Thai Basil leaves and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Goes perfect over rice!!!